18 May 2017

*ALL CHANGE!*

Change the words in the sentence below as indicated.

Please change only the exact word in the sequence given. Each participant should build on the changes made by the previous participant.

For instance, if the original sentence is "Benson hurriedly told the bad news to his friends":


participant 1 could write "#1 Subject Noun: Michael hurriedly told the bad news to his friends";


participant 2 could then write "#2 Direct Object Noun: Michael hurriedly told the bad joke to his friends";


participant 3 could then write "#3 Indirect Object Noun: Michael hurriedly told the bad joke to his wife";

etc.


You are free to make as many changes as you wish. Just remember to number each change (and indicate the part of speech) so it is clear to everyone where we are on the list.


Participants who make all 7 changes will receive 2 bonus marks for their efforts.

When all 7 changes have been made, do not repeat
 the original sentence; return to the top of the list, but keep building on the changes made by the previous participant.

Here is the sentence:


I often give interesting books as gifts to my friends.


Changes:                                                                                                                          

1. subject noun

2. direct object noun          
3. indirect object noun                  
4. adjective(s)
5. adverb(s)    
6. verb name      
7. verb tense

6 comments:

Unknown said...

1. We often give interesting books as gifts to my friends.
2. We often give interesting mugs as gifts to my friends.
3. We often give interesting mugs as gifts to my parents.
4. We often give colourful mugs as gifts to my parents.
5. We occasionally give colourful mugs as gifts to my parents.
6. We occasionally gave colourful mugs as gifts to my parents.
7. We had given colourful mugs as gifts to my parents.

Maria140 said...

1. She often gives interesting books as gifts to my friends.
2. Martha often gives interesting books as gifts to my friends.
3. I often give interesting books as gifts to my sister.
4. I often give funny books as gifts to my friends.
5. I never give interesting books as gifts to my friends.
6. I often buy interesting books as gifts to my friends.
7. I have always given interesting books as gifts to my friends.

Sanjot140 said...

I often give interesting books as gifts to my friends.

1. Subject Noun: You often give interesting books as gifts to my friends.
2. Direct Object Noun: You often give interesting foods as gifts to my friends.
3. Indirect Object Noun: You often give interesting foods as gifts to my siblings.
4. Adjective(s): You often give tasty foods as gifts to my siblings.
5. Adverb(s): You never give tasty foods as gifts to my siblings.
6. Verb Name: You never send tasty foods as gifts to my siblings.
7. Verb Tense: You never sent tasty foods as gifts to my siblings.

Phoenix 177 said...

I often give interesting books as gifts to my friends.

Changes:

1. subject noun- Mr. Knox often gives interesting books as gifts to my friends.
2. direct object noun - Mr. Knox often gives interesting recipes as gifts to my friends.
3. indirect object noun - Mr. Knox often gives interesting recipes as gifts to my lumber jack friends.
4. adjective(s)- Mr. Knox often gives bug recipes as gifts to my lumber jack friends.
5. adverb(s) - Mr. Knox never gives bug recipes as gifts to my lumber jack friends.
6. verb name - Mr. Knox never shares bug recipes as gifts to my lumber jack friends.
7. verb tense- Mr. Knox never shared bug recipes as gifts to my lumber jack friends.

Unknown said...

I trued

ChristinaT155 said...

I often give interesting books as gifts to my friends.

1.Subject noun - We often give interesting books as gifts to our friends.
2.Direct object noun - We often give interesting mugs as gifts to our friends.
3.Indirect object noun - We often give interesting mugs as gifts to our children.
4.Adjective - We often give amusing mugs as gifts to our children.
5.Adverb - We usually give amusing mugs as gifts to our children.
6.Verb name - We usually send amusing mugs as gifts to our children.
7.Verb tense - We usually sent amusing mugs as gifts to our children.