29 October 2015

*ALL CHANGE!*

Change the words in the sentence below as indicated.

Please change only the exact word in the sequence given. Each participant should build on the changes made by the previous participant.

For instance, if the original sentence is "Benson hurriedly told the bad news to his friends":


participant 1 could write "#1 Subject Noun: Michael hurriedly told the bad news to his friends";


participant 2 could then write "#2 Direct Object Noun: Michael hurriedly told the bad joke to his friends";


participant 3 could then write "#3 Indirect Object Noun: Michael hurriedly told the bad joke to his wife";

etc.


You are free to make as many changes as you wish. Just remember to number each change (and indicate the part of speech) so it is clear to everyone where we are on the list.


Participants who make all 7 changes will receive 2 bonus marks for their efforts.

When all 7 changes have been made, return to the top of the list and continue.


Here is the sentence:


My neighbours happily distributed treats to the costumed boys and girls who came to their doors.

Changes:                                                                                                                          

1. subject noun

2. direct object noun          
3. indirect object noun                  
4. adjective(s)
5. adverb(s)    
6. verb name      
7. verb tense

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Angel 140

My neighbours happily distributed treats to the costumed boys and girls who came to their doors

My overlords happily distributed treats to the costumed boys and girls who came to their doors.
My neighbours happily distributed poison ivy to the costumed boys and girls who came to their doors.
My neighbours happily distributed treats to the costumed Liberal candidates who came to their doors.
My neighbours sadly distributed treats to the costumed boys and girls who came to their doors.

6. My neighbours happily passed treats to the costumed boys and girls who crawled to their doors.
7. My neighbours were happily distributing treats to the costumed boys and girls who came to their doors.

Lacey 140 said...

1. My family happily distributed treats to the costumed boys and girls who came to their door.
2. My neighbours happily distributed Pogs to the costumed boys and girls who came to their doors.
3. My neighbours happily distributed treats to the ferrel cats who came to their doors.
4. My neighbours happily distributed treats to the dirty boys and girls who came to their doors.
5. My neighbours begrudgingly distributed treats to the costumed boys and girls who came to their doors.
6. My neighbours happily gave treats to the costumed boys and girls who came to their doors.
7. My neighbours will happily distribute treats to the costumed boys and girls who come to their doors.

Michael said...

Well done. But remember to label the part of speech that you are changing.